Birdies, Leaps, and Jumping
This playlist focuses on developing core, glute, and hip flexor mobility that is important in maintaining proper carriage while dancing. Do the following circuit 3-5X through!
1. 60 second Hollow Rock Hold or 20-60 Hollow Rocks
2. 10-30 Pike Ups
3. 10 Plank Scapular Retractions
4. 15 Side Walks each way
5. 20 Floor Hip Thrusters (add weight if you can and decrease it to 12)
This circuit focuses on upper back strength, core, and application to dance drills that is important in carriage. Do the following circuit 3 times through!
1. 15 Band Pulls
2. 15 Scapular Plank Pushups
3. 60 second hollow rock holds OR 20-60 hollow rocks
4. 10 Supermans with 3 second hold at top
5. 20 Carriage Kicks on each side
Birdies, Leaps, and Jumping A
This circuit focuses on landing properly with control and using your muscles to absorb the landing instead of your bones! Do the following circuit 3 times through:
1. 10 Hamstring Slide-Ins
2. 10 High Step-Ups per side
3. 5 Hanging Knee Raises (with 5 second hold at the top of each one) OR Leg Raises
4. 10 Line Hops per side
5. Lacrosse Ball Contract Relax for Glute (2 minutes on each side)
Birdies, Leaps, and Jumping B
This circuit focuses on snapping up in the back quickly to increase quickness and POWER in leaps, birdies, and jumps. Take a break after each circuit.
1. 12 Weighted Jump Squats (do this without a weight if necessary)
2. 30 Frog Pumps (Use a weight if you can)
3. 10 Depth Jumps
4. 10 Bench Push-Offs (per side)
5. 15 Birdie Repeats per side (you can go between each 2 chairs or do them free standing)
Crossover and Knees Tight
Crossover and Knees Tight A
This circuit focuses on strengthening the adductors, glutes, and quads to increase crossover. Strength and mobility is important for crossover so the exercises include mobility work as well! Do this circuit 3X through for the following repetitions:
1. 12-20 Leg Raise Snap-Ins
2. 12 Fire Hydrant Extremes
3. 10 Half Bridge Fallouts
4. 30 Frog Pumps (use a weight if you can)
5. 1 minute per side of Global Internal Rotation
Crossover and Knees Tight B
This circuit focuses on emphasizing the glute and core strength necessary for holding proper crossover. Then focuses on total hip mobility that is necessary to bring on leg across the other. Do this circuit 3 times through
1. 15 Side Walks per side
2. 15 Banded Hip Thrusters On Bench
3. 12 Fire Hydrant Extremes per side
4. 1 minute of Global Internal Rotation per side
5. 1 minute of Hip External Rotation on Box
Points and Toe Height
Points and Toe Height A
This circuit focuses on increasing the range of motion of your ankles and strengthening your arches to improve your points and toe height! Do this circuit 3 times through!
1. 60 seconds of Finger Lace and Foot Twist per side
2. 10 seconds of Doming with penny and pen
3. 90 second Towel Curls on each side
4. 10 Achilles Push and Relax Drill
5. 2 minutes of lacrosse ball shin rolling per side
Points and Toe Height B
This toe height and point circuit focuses on strengthening the ankle and lower leg so points hit the ground STRONG, ankle injuries are avoided, and toe height is improved.
1.Achilles Push and Relax Drill 12 per side
2. Big Toe Up and Away 12 per side
3. Little Toe Up and Away 12 per side
4. Point-Point-Flex-Flex with band 12 per side
5. 25 single leg calf raises per side
Points and Toe Height C
This circuit combines both both strength of the arches, ankles, and lower leg, then finishes with ankle mobility to ensure your lower legs stay strong! Do this circuit 4 times through!
1. 25 Single Bent Leg Calf Raises on each side
2. 25 Single Straight Leg Calf Raises on each side
3. 25 Single Leg Hops on each side
4. 10 Little Toe Up and Aways
5. 10 Big Toe Up and Aways
6. 10 seconds of Doming, relax, 10 seconds of Doming, relax, 10 seconds of Doming
7. Lacrosse ball out your shins for one minute then your calves for one minute
Do this playlist 3 times through with the following repetitions. During the first exercises in this playlist we focus on your turnout mobility in making sure your muscles and hip joint is prepared to turn out properly. In the second part of this playlist we work on strengthening your deep outward rotators and applying them to a performance drill.
1. Lacrosse Ball Glute Contract Relax (2 minutes per side)
2. Hip External Rotation On Box (2 minutes on each side)
3. 20 Shin-up Clams per side
4. 10 Bolster Heel Raises per side
5. 12 Flex Turn-Outs
This turnout workout focuses on adductor mobility and pelvic alignment then applying it to deep outward rotator strength. Do the following circuit 3X through.
1. Global Internal Rotation 1 minute per side
2. 10 second Posture Leg Raises per side
3. 10 Kick-kicks to the Front and Back
4. 10 In-Out-Up-Downs Laying Down
This Turnout Workout focuses on strictly the strengthening of the glutes and turnout muscles! Do this circuit 3 times through.
1. 15 Shin-Up Clams per side
2. 12 Bolster Heel Raises per side
3. 15 Side Walks each way
4. 12 Flex-Turnouts
High Kicks and Clicks A
This playlist focuses on hip mobility, glute strength, and hamstring mobility and strength to increase kick and click height as well as sharpness. Do this circuit 3 times through.
1. 8 Kick-Kicks To Front and Back
2. 1-2 minutes of Global Internal Rotation per side
3. 1-2 minutes of Single Leg Flexion with External Rotation per side
4. 10 Resistance Band Kicks Per Side (Then do 10 UN-resisted per side)
5. 10 Resistance Band Pull-Down per side
6. 10-15 Single Leg Hip Thrusters per side
7. 2 minutes of lacrosse ball contract-relax for glutes less
This circuit is designed to help improve keeping your legs straight and lines tight as you dance. If you feel that one area is noticeably tighter than another, spend on that area before moving onto another area.
1. 1 minute of Finger Lace Foot Twists per side
2. 1 minute of Achilles Push and Relax Drill
3. 15 Spiderman Planks per side
4. 1 minute of Lacrosse Ball Contract and Relax for Glutes per side
5. 2 minutes of Single Leg Flexion with External Rotation per side
6. 1 minute of Global Internal Rotation per side
Lower Leg Strength + Ankle Strength and Mobility
These exercises focus on increasing your lower leg strength ankle range of motion. Example of when this is important in dance is to help with
1. Toe Walks
2. Help prevent ankle/lower leg injuries
3. Increase motion of trebles to assist with rhythm control
4. Toe Height and transference of power through floor.
Do this circuit 2-3 times.
1. 1 minute of finger lace foot twists per side.
2. 1 minute of Achilles Push and Relax Drill per side
3. 15 Heel to Toe Push-Offs per side
4. 20 Point-Point-Flex-Flex with a Band per side
5. 10 Little Toe Up and Aways
6. 20 Straight Leg Calf Raises per side
Feis Fit Exercise Library
These exercises are in ALPHABETICAL ORDER for ease of use.